I will be taking part in a one-day event "Writing About the Anglo-Saxons: History and Fiction in the Age of Sutton Hoo", to be held at Sutton Hoo, Suffolk, UK on 23 October 2011.
No charge for admission. Book places in advance at Sutton Hoo Reception (01394 389700), or ask at Reception on the day.
Full details here
- Talks on aspects of Anglo-Saxon history and culture and the challenges of recreating the world of early mediaeval Britain in fiction and non-fiction
- Panel discussions
- Question-and-answer sessions
- Book signing
- Carla Nayland, author of Paths of Exile, historical novel set in Anglo-Saxon Northumbria
- PM Sabin Moore, author of Stormfrost and Brightfire, historical novels set at Sutton Hoo
- Paul Mortimer, re-enactor and author of Woden's Warriors, a non-fiction study of Anglo-Saxon warrior culture
- Steve Pollington, author of numerous non-fiction works on Anglo-Saxon history and culture
- Connie Jensen, proprietor of Trifolium Books UK, publisher of historical fiction set in Anglo-Saxon England, including Paths of Exile and Bride of the Spear